Why It’s Time to Grow up and Vote in the ’22 Midterms
This is Guiding God’s Daughters Season 1, Episode 7.
This is my Heart for America. I feel the Lord calling me because of my background in politics to encourage you to vote on November 8th.
So, when we’re in our twenties, many of us don’t really care about elections. I know I didn’t. But when you look at the issues at stake, our vote does matter. That’s why it’s so important to grow up and vote.
Watch this week as I talk about why making informed decisions about what you believe and voting for them is an important part of growing up. I’ll talk a little about my perspective on the country now as someone out of politics and remind you why God is such an important part of it all.
Then I’ll give you an example of what’s going on in our state of Michigan on Election Day with something called Proposition 3 backed by some insights on the teen brain. If we’ll let every individual make decisions about abortion, then we’re telling teens and younger that they can handle it. They cannot.
So watch/listen. Get informed. Use your voice. Get out and vote.
- Here is the website for the Saginaw Michigan Catholic diocese who has substantial information on Prop 3: https://saginaw.org If you go to “Click No on Prop 3” you will find great videos from an OBGYN, a lawyer, a doctor. You can even download a “NO on Prop 3” image to post on Social media. I’ve gotten 4 flyers now that say “Vote Yes on Prop 3.” Do your research.
- Here is the actual amendment to the Michigan constitution if you can’t find it.
- This is the story I mentioned from The Daily Beast that discusses states like California to require sterilization in order to get your preferred sex on your license or birth certificate. Not sure if this is still true or only in California, but it’s worth looking into.
- Here is the article I went through from the National Institutes of Mental Health on the teen brain. There are seven things listed and I discussed three.
- Finally, below is the Scripture I read at the end.
Psalm 33:10-22 New Living Translation
10 The Lord frustrates the plans of the nations
and thwarts all their schemes.
11 But the Lord’s plans stand firm forever;
his intentions can never be shaken.
12 What joy for the nation whose God is the Lord,
whose people he has chosen as his inheritance.
13 The Lord looks down from heaven
and sees the whole human race.
14 From his throne he observes
all who live on the earth.
15 He made their hearts,
so he understands everything they do.
16 The best-equipped army cannot save a king,
nor is great strength enough to save a warrior.
17 Don’t count on your warhorse to give you victory—
for all its strength, it cannot save you.
18 But the Lord watches over those who fear him,
those who rely on his unfailing love.
19 He rescues them from death
and keeps them alive in times of famine.
20 We put our hope in the Lord.
He is our help and our shield.
21 In him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in his holy name.
22 Let your unfailing love surround us, Lord,
for our hope is in you alone.
Leave a Comment