This week’s episode covers exactly what I mention in the topic. More specifically we discuss: 1) How you can really celebrate Women’s History Month as a Woman of God and not buy into pop culture’s messaging behind it. We can be victors in Christ and stand for American values even when people tell us we’re oppressed in choosing that. We are not. 2) Why I went to CPAC (Conservative Political Action Committee), and 3) Some spiritual insight on what God does when we’re in an uncomfortable situation. I’ll give you an example of how He did it recently in my life and how we can really trust Him in those spots.
BONUS: I’ve got a book coming out next month. WOOT WOOT! Listen to the end as I share a little tidbit about that. Scroll down for show notes and below are the links:
Click Here to get it on Spotify, Apple and others.
Part 1: Women’s History Month. I mentioned the book, “We Will Not be Silenced: Responding Courageously to Our Culture’s Assault on Christianity.” It’s by Erwin Lutzer and has lots of information about the propaganda used today as well as insights on the American Marxism that’s becoming evident in our culture today.
The 6 Women I mentioned Who Blew Me Away @ CPAC
- Kari Lake – Former Broadcaster in AZ running for Governor. Don’t mind the ridiculous title of this article. Tells you a little bit more about her.
- Mercy Schlapp – She is currently Senior Fellow at American Conservative Union but she’s all over the news and she’s a rockstar, also a Mom of 5 daughters. Here’s her bio.
- Cristl Mahfouz – CEO of Ace Products, spoke at CPAC. She created the MAGA hat. Here’s a little bit more about her from Inc. and Business Insider.
- K.T. McFarland – Former Deputy National Security Advisor. Policy powerhouse but also has an interesting story that I found on Wikipedia. You can also find her on The Epoch Times and on Fox News.
- Kayleight McEnany – Former Press Secretary to Donald Trump and Co-Host of “Outnumbered” at 12pm on Fox. She’s also got a book out that I’ve got to read, “For Such a Time as This: My Faith Journey through the White House and Beyond.”
- Tudor Dixon – Running for MI Governor. Here’s her campaign website. You can also check out a few videos of her on You Tube. I especially love this one.
Part 2: Why CPAC?
“So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, ‘Come Back to God!‘ 2 Corinthians 5:20 NLT
Part 3: Getting Uncomfortable
“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as it’s own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. This is why the world hates you.” John 15:18-19 NIV
“In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,” 2 Timothy 3:12.
“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” 2 Timothy 3:16-17
“God’s callings are often times uncomfortable. If they weren’t then we’ve simply stepped from one comfort zone to another.” – Seeds Among the Soil
“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.” 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Check your motives for what you are giving up. If your goal is to lose weight, you’ve got to shift your focus to getting more connected to God. He wants more for you than a focus on that scale.